Delaware Football Hall of Fame

Waller, Blaney, Oddo, Murphy, Allen, Buchanan, Alexander, Bucci, LaFazia, Henry, Hicks, Scott, Cox, Hall, Strengari, Swann, White, Michaels, Harris, Ranaulto, Delledonne, Hunter, Dominelli, Brown, Szczerba, Still, Merrell, Perillo, Apostolico, manny more!

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Best back to come out of the state of Delaware!

Bob LaFazia
Site Owner

Hi,

OK, who do you guys think was the BEST back to EVER come out of the state? Think about it, guys like Bucci, Waller, Blaney, J. Henry, Cox, Hunter, Cregg, Buiano, Manelski, Kempski, Layfield, Kelly, Medori, Swann, Webb, Billings, J. Todd, A. Anderson, Hunter, Snow, Kelsie, Meade, Scully, D. Henry, Cephous, D. Reeder, Bordley, D. Henry, (Smyrna), Pinkett, (WP), Napier, (Dickinson) Purnell, Harrison-Dixon, Conway, Crumlish, Bergey, Wright, Cotton, Shrewsbury, Dominelli, Viscount, Fields, Ranauto, Sullivan, J. Jackson, Sivels, Kilpatrick, McLane, Murphy...I'm sure there are many more to be recognized but you pick who you think is deserving of "The Best Back to Come Out of the State"!

My favorites are Blaney and Waller...both Great backs...played against Blaney...very tuff', Waller, well he has the awards to prove his brilliance...both Great...just my opinion!

Bob LaFazia

--
July 14, 2011 at 7:42 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Frank Stewart

I agree Bob ,,,Blaney palyed with Sonny Jurgeson at Duke, we forget he was great in basketball and Track also,,,set the 100 yard dash record for his day,,,played centerfield on the baseball team. He was inducted into the North Carolina and a couple of other southern state Coaches Football HOF down there. It's great to remember all these things and I thankyou very much for the chance to come on this site of yours and give my humble opinion. Our QB during our glory days at Newark was Dave George who is a retired dentist in Newark,,, maybe you could contact him for some really good info on Sparks, Gregg, Bramble, Hurn and others. George,who was left handed, could hit you in your helmet ear hole at 50 yards,,,never got any credit for his work ,,,oh well  ,,, Blessings Frank 

July 16, 2011 at 3:17 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Bob LaFazia
Site Owner
February 22, 2016 at 2:18 PM Flag Quote & Reply

Bob LaFazia
Site Owner

With All these New kids making All State its hard to say "who's the Best back"...they are BIGGER, faster, stronger than years ago and years from now its going to be the same way...just like the pro's, years ago I remember when a guy was 250# he was considered HUGE, now he could be a fullback...300# are the average big linemen now...just starting to pick up a few players that are 400#...WOW! Just think, back in 1949 when I made All State, I was a guard, I was 175 #...(soakin wet ;) , then in 1950 I made 1st team All State TACKLE...at 179#...now, I couldn't make water boy...thats life...20 yrs. from now they'll have some guys 500# :D

--
February 22, 2016 at 3:23 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Oops! This site has expired.

If you are the site owner, please renew your premium subscription or contact support.